"Transform has been at the cutting edge of drug policy analysis for almost twenty years and is an NGO that is increasingly recognised as one of the motivating forces for global reform." - Ruth Dreifuss, former president of Switzerland and member of the Global Commission on Drug Policy
Transform is a charitable think tank that campaigns for the legal regulation of drugs both in the UK and internationally.
Prohibition cannot be judged a success on any front. Handing control of the drug trade to organised criminals has had disastrous consequences across the globe. Transform therefore works to get drugs under control by advocating for strict regulation of all aspects of the trade.
To this end, we:
- Produce groundbreaking publications that both critique the war on drugs and outline our vision of a post-prohibition world
- Work closely with government departments, MPs and political parties, drug agencies, NGOs, police, academics and journalists to encourage them to support a review of current drug policy
- Regularly provide media comment and analysis on drug policy stories as they break
- Develop innovative campaigns to attract new voices to the drug policy debate
- Work internationally, currently with a focus on Mexico and Latin America in particular, to build an international coalition in support of reform
- Provide evidence and briefings to expert commissions
- Use our Economic and Social Council Consultative Status at the United Nations to formally input into UN deliberations
- Conduct polling using independent bodies to measure changing levels of support for reform
Our Vision An end to the war on drugs and the establishment of effective and humane systems of drug regulation
Registered charity number: 1100518
Limited company number: 4862177